Media Companion is the
original free to use Movie/TV Show
manager and organizer that offers full XBMC integration.
With Support for Movies, TV Series, Home Videos, and now
Music Video with distinction between Music Video clip and Music Video
Simply put, Media Companion offers the facility to gather
information from the Internet and make this information available to
you in an organized manner.
The information collected includes such things as posters,
backdrops, plot summary,actors and actor images, ratings etc, and are
placed with your video files for easy addition to your library.
Media Companion Currently supports Movies and TV Shows.
Movie Features include.
- XBMC Movies Link - Changes in MC update XBMC. TV
Support will follow later.
- Scrape Blu-Ray Folder structure.
- Scrape movie information from IMDB using the inbuilt scraper
- Scrape movie information from TMDB using XBMC
- Download movie posters from any of IMDb, TMDb, IMPA, and MPDB.
- Download movie backdrops from TMDb.
- Download artwork from Fanart.Tv
- Download movie trailers from IMDb & Yahoo!
- View and edit all obtained data.
- Saving of Media Tags in NFO.
- Include 'ExtraThumbs' & xtraFanart(For
skins that support this function, movies need to be in individual
- Auto-Rename using custom or set parameters
- Auto-Rename movie's Folder using custom or set parameters
- Search and browse movies using a selection of filters and
- Export to HTML movie details & artwork, with customizable
TV Show features include.
- Choice of inbuilt TVDb scraper or XBMC TVDb scraper
- Automatically download information for TV Shows and episodes from
- Download actor images from either TVDb or IMDb.
- Download and select poster for Show and individual seasons.
- Download episode screen shot.
- Download artwork from Fanart.Tv
- Create screen shot if download is not available.
- Automatically rename episodes using set or custom parameters
- Include 'ExtraThumbs' & ExtraFanart
(For skins that support this function)
- Saving of Media Tags in NFO
- Display episodes missing from your collection.
- Display episodes in aired date order (so you can see where the
specials fit in)
- Export to HTML TV details with customizable templates.
Home Movie features:
- Addition of home made or movies with no downloading information
- Separate Home Movie Folder
- Setting Title of Home Movie, and Sort Title
- Outline, Staring and year fields.
- Creation of Screen-Shot
Music Video features:
- Music Video clip scraped from Wikipedia, IMVDb, or TheAudioDb.
- Music Video Concerts scraped from TheMovieDb
- Full editing of any content scraped, or blank.
- Screenshot for Fanart. Automatically during scrape, or manually
via Fanart Tab.
- Attempts to download Poster if available, else Google search and
paste either url or copied image.
- Scrape from root Music Video folder as <astist> -
<track-name>.<extn> or by Artist Folder ie:
Use mc_com.exe in a batch file for automatic movie
& TV scraping.
- mc_com.exe -m Scrapes metadata for
- mc_com.exe -e Scrapes metadata for
new TV episodes
- mc_com.exe -x Export Movielist as
html selected template
- adding -v to the end of the command runs mc_com.exe
in 'Silent mode'
- no Console window. Instead mc_com.exe will
write all output to "mc_com.log" file.
See Documentation Link
Some, but getting fewer and fewer. Please see the To Do
Media Companion requires .NET 4.0 Client. If you prefer,
the Full .NET Framework can also be used.